CNH INDUSTRIAL, A GLOBAL LEADER IN SUSTAINABILITY, PRESENTS ITS 2015 SUSTAINABILITY REPORT
London, May 5, 2016
CNH Industrial (NYSE: CNHI / MI: CNHI), the reconfirmed Industry Leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability (DJSI) World and Europe Indices for the fifth consecutive year; the 2015 DJSI Capital Goods Industry Group Leader; included in the CDP Climate A List; a Company acknowledged amongst a number of other important sustainability indices with 6.32% of its free float held by Socially Responsible Investors (SRI), has published its 2015 Sustainability Report. The Report presents the results achieved and describes the Company's main projects and targets.
Main environmental results:
- -2% of energy consumption per hour of production in comparison to 2014;
- 48% of the total energy consumption at manufacturing facilities is from renewable sources;
- 18,000 tons of CO2 emissions avoided due to the adoption of energy saving projects (equaling 59 flights between London and Chicago);
- 27% of water recycled (equal to the amount of water contained in 812 Olympic-size swimming pools);
- -9% waste produced per hour of production in comparison to 2014 (equal to the weight of 869 Statues of Liberty);
- 7 monitored plants near protected or highly bio diverse areas.
Main social results:
- 94% of supply entrusted to local suppliers;
- 100% of new suppliers evaluated according to sustainability criteria;
- 150 suppliers involved in the CDP supply chain questionnaire;
- $3.7 million invested in local community projects;
- $84 million spent on Occupational Health and Safety projects;
- -9% in the occupational accident frequency rate in comparison to 2014;
- $4.5 million invested in employee training;
- $450,000 in grants and scholarships awarded to the sons and daughters of employees.