CNH INDUSTRIAL (INDIA) CONTINUES PROACTIVE MEASURES TO COMBAT COVID-19 RELATED MATTERS
Delhi, May 11, 2021
In the face of a massive second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic across the country, CNH Industrial has undertaken a host of preventive measures to combat COVID-19 including daily temperature checking, maintaining social distancing, compulsory registration on the Arogya Setu app, the provision of safety gear including masks, gloves and eye-protection along with daily regular sanitization at all their facilities. Apart from these regular precautionary procedures, which have been in place since the onset of the pandemic, what sets CNH Industrial apart are an onslaught of additional measures undertaken to safeguard the health and safety of employees:
- Insurance for all the employees and their immediate families for COVID infection - A financial support of INR 50,000 is provided to all those employees who are tested positive or are home quarantined. There is also a Home Care Coverage of INR 20,000 for all employees and their families per instance.
- CNH Industrial has forged a tie-up with Apollo Hospitals which has set up a dedicated 24x7 medical consultation helpline number for employees.
- A dedicated task force has been put in place to track all infected employees and arrange all the required assistance from coordinating with the hospital to arranging for beds (both ICU and general), and procuring medicine, oxygen, etc.
- The company has worked with their global counterparts in China and Italy to proactively source Oxygen Concentrators to manage the current oxygen crunch in India.
- Employees are given the choice to work from home and have been asked to report on duty at Offices/ Plants only when required.
- All government guidelines are completely adhered to by the Company including 50% attendance norms or any as per government directives.
- Heads of Departments are directly in touch with their employees on a daily basis and report any health-related issues with the employee and or their family directly to management.
- The Company has deployed COVID Marshalls in factory premises to maintain social distancing amongst employees. Canteen facilities also follow the social distancing norms